We are the Banyak’s Surf Charter, Surf Resort and Surf Camp Experts. Book now for the best surf trip of your lifetime. Relax and let our team at World Surf Adventures handle everything for you.
The isolated Banyak Islands are situated one degree north off the equator, off the west coast of Sumatra, between Simeulue and Nias Islands. The Banyak’s two main rain-forested islands are Tuangku and Bangkaru, with a scattering of smaller islands.
That’s the boring geography part. The interesting surfing bit is that Banyaks are in the same firing line of South Indian Ocean swells as the neighboring Mentawais, but are remote enough to be far, far away from the Mentawais’ maddening crowds. And the surf is just as good, with Banyaks boasting several of Indonesia’s top quality warm blue-water gems. With only a handful of surf charter boats and surf camps in the Banyaks, you’ll get your share of the waves you’ve always dreamed about and lusted over.
Why book your BanyakSurf Charter, Resort or Camp with World Surf Adventures?
- We are fast becoming the ‘go to’ website for surfers wanting local knowledge and expertise when it comes to organising surfing holidays in the Banyaks.
- We are known for extremely great customer service, very quick turn around times for your questions and a knack for being spot on with all your surf information. Basically, we know everything there is to know about surfing in the Banyak Islands.
- We make sure that you get the best price possible. We have a great relationship with charter, resort and camp owners so we are always getting the latest best deals and specials which we pass onto you.
- We are all surfers so you are dealing with people who have surfed the Banyak’s numerous times – so we have all the great inside information to pass onto our customers.
- All our surf charters are hand picked for their level of comfort, cleanliness and reliability.
- We are trusted, reliable and are an established surf travel agency.
Lefts and rights, long barrels and rippable ramps, easy cruisers and pure heart-in-your-throat juice: the Banyaks have got the lot. You pull into a crystal clear barrel, and when you cruise out of the blue, you have the emerald rainforest as your background. Since the Banyaks are in the equatorial zone, there are no trade winds to plague the surf breaks. Apart from short-lived storms (sometimes with spectacular lightning shows at night), winds are light and variable. There’s always a wave that’s either pure glass or offshore. If the wind switches, then you switch the surf spot.
The Banyaks breaks are sensitive to swell direction. To maximize your surf fun in quality waves, that’s where we at World Surf Adventures come in handy. Our surfing partners have years of experience in the Banyaks, and will put you in the right place and the right time.