If you’ve ever wanted to feel a little Robinson Crusoe then Togat Nusa is the place for you. It’s not easy to get to as its 100 miles from most places in the middle of the Indian ocean on a completely private 12 hectare island called Pitojat Island, part of the Mentawais. The focus here is on relaxing, unwinding and escaping reality. Togat Nusa is truly a sanctuary catering from 4 to a maximum of 8 people. With 4 bungalows spread amongst the palm trees each sleeping 2, you will find the privacy and solitude that you’re escaping to. They also have a main structure, for your meals, drinks and socialising which overlooks a beautiful lagoon ideal for snorkelling.
Pretty much 90% of all of the structures are made out of island materials, using driftwood logs and shells and rocks. The place feels like its been hand made in the traditional style of the Mentawais, but with custom add ons for our western needs. The resort comes with some friendly locals, being a cat and a dog and a monkey, no-one really knowing what it really is, a bit like yourself when you leave. The food is outstanding catering for Vegans, Vegies and Meat eaters. World Surf Adventures highly recommends Togat Nusa for couples and families or chilled out groups. You cannot help but relax here.
Book your surf holiday at Togat Nusa now – best price guaranteed – ask about our fabulous surf packages to the Mentawai’s.
For all your surfing needs, you’re sitting right in front of Scarecrows, a superb long winding left-hander that wraps around the coral reef bordering the lagoon, a 5 minute speedboat ride away and you’ll be surfing the well known Periscopes, in the other direction you will come across Iceland, and with a right hander called Suicides close by and great left called 7 Palms, you are spoilt for choice.
Togat Nusa has four bungalows that are built using recycled timbers and driftwood and each bungalow is uniquely designed with a traditional Mentawai concept. Each bungalow can accommodate two guests per bungalow (unless previously organized), for a total of eight guests on the island at any given time. All bungalows have en-suite bathrooms with running hot water, a ceiling fan to keep you cool, antique lighting, and hand built custom furniture and fixtures which were once part of old Dutch fishing vessels. Under the supervision of John E Ocean, Togat Nusa is able to function as a partial eco-resort by maximizing its local surrounding but still delivering a high standard level of accommodation and personal space.
RATES & PACKAGES
USD 200 per day + USD 300 transfer fee
|10 Days/9 Nights
||USD 2300 per person
|11 Days/10 Nights
||USD 2500 per person
|12 Days/11 Nights
||USD 2900 per person
June 6 – June 15
|10 Days/9 Nights
||USD 2100 per person
October 28 – November 7
|10 Days/9 Nights
||USD 2280 per person
- Great waves
- Daily speedboat transport to optimal surf breaks on that given day or by guests request
- All meals and food including most snacks
- 1 Bottled Water / Trip (refillable in restaurant)
- All your meals and snacks, smoothies and coconuts
- All your transfers from Arrival at the airport out to the Island and back
- Mentawai Fast ferry for transfers from Padang, it takes about 3.5 hours
- All island activities
- Surf transfers,supping, snorkeling, village visits
- Wifi and romantic candle light dinners
- All other surf transfers in the area are included
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- $25 VISA fee on your arrival
- $10 departure tax
- Transportation Fees
- Bottled Water – Soft Drinks, Juices
- Wireless Internet is available in the Bar/restaurant area for guests to email, skype and check surf reports. The price is RP. 700,000 for unlimited access, for those with their own computer, otherwise RP. 50,000/half hr, to use the house computer
- Hard Alcohol / Mixed Drinks / Beer
- Mentawai Souvenirs
- Tips for the staff (This is entirely up to you. Tipping is not mandatory but appreciated!)
- They do have a speedboat , for day trips up to the playgrounds or down to ht’s. This is a daily charter price of $300 USD, for up to 8 people.
Icelands is a powerful left that can handle any size swell thrown at it and works on all tides. The wave starts with a nice steep takeoff then can have a barrel section on the inside then a ripple bowl to lay down some heavy hacks. Can be surfed by all skill levels as the water is deep. Best with a East/South east wind.
Scarecrows has many moods depending on the swell direction and tide. This wave is very consistent as is picks up tons of swell and can handle it when it solid. The wave is perfect for carving down the line with long ripable walls and a few barrel sections then down the end you have the “Curry Bowl” section which starts draining on low tide. The reef is fairly user friendly so can accommodate beginners to advanced. Best with a South East wind.
A very quick right which fires along a shallow reef. Best on a North east wind & a high tide.
“Teles” is one of the bests lefts around. It is not as consistent as other spots, however, with a solid South West swell and light South easterlies this wave turns into a tube machine with rippable sections along the way producing long rides up to 200 mts.
It is a very fun, rippable wave that can barrel on the right conditions. Suitable to surfers of any skill level and for those chasing some deeper barrels can venture up the reef. Great option when everywhere is small. Does not handle above 6ft. Good on all tides, however, gets very shallow on the low.